Monday, March 9, 2009

Dinner Vibes, Starving for Friends

While vibing around Vermont is an excellent adventure, sometimes I am starved for the positive vibes of good friends. The Mitch and I have been discussing recently our collective need to spend quality time with friends away from rocking out to a band. We are needing to reconnect with folks for good conversation - sometimes if even to confirm why we are friends!

We have started making this a priority lately and are finding the going out to dinner concept our favorite. While I love to entertain at the farmhouse and love visiting others, there is something alluring about being out to dinner and having no distractions while you conversate over a glass of wine and no prep time before you actually eat a meal together.

As I approach 33 (which I turn in two days) I am more and more aware of the constraints of time and the most cherished exchanges with the people I love and how imperative it is to fit them into the life schedule. Squabbling over dinner price and paying is soooo 20's and not being able to plan get togethers is so married with kids.

The Mitch and I recently enjoyed a "heady" dinner with our BFF, Caitlin at Starry Night Cafe in Ferrisburgh - the venue I think we want to plan our rehearsal dinner for our wedding! Check out some pics:






We also had dinner just this weekend with good friends Christine and John at A Single Pebble, followed by a sleepover and Saturday at the Vermont Flower Show - talk about great phriend times! (The PH is because during the evening hours, we were tracking the Phish shows being played in Hampton all weekend for Phish's reunion.) I have never been to the Vermont Flower Show before, although I have always wanted to. What an absolutely fantastic event! Christine and I even rocked the live auction! The Faerie Garden was my absolute favorite - every woman in there was turned into a ten year old for a few minutes. Here are a few pictures of our flowering adventures:





Back to our hunger - The Mitch and I are on a mission to dine with friends! We are looking for a couple to join us for our first Kitchen Table Bistro experience in Richmond. As a gardener and localvore cook myself, I am dying to check this place out! We also feel reconnecting with friends at local restaurants is not only a great way to rekindle friendships after a long winter, but a great way to directly support a local economy during the financial drama of the century.

Now that we live out in Charlotte and many of our friends live in Burlington, we feel the best reasons for us to visit Burlington is for the food and friends, so if you're looking to reconnect - let's make some dinner plans!!!

Love and Light All!

1 comment:

PattyP said...

I experienced just what you're talkin' about here last Saturday at the very Kitchen Table Bistro in Richmond. Faboosh meal. The pastry and exec chefs there have both been nominated for a James Beard Award. Well worth the trek from Charlotte.