Monday, June 30, 2008

Independent Vibes

I am sad for the 4th of July. I am sad that we live in a country that I am ashamed of. I think a lot of people must feel that way about the state of the nation. I want to be able to wave a flag and sing patriotic songs and wear red, white, and blue, but I cannot. And that makes me sad. While I love Vermont and our way of life here, I also know we are all contributing greatly to the concept of escapism that I also get so agitated at - primarily because I am a major proponent of escapism - me and my farmhouse lifestyle. Escapism is also a survival technique and one that I don't think is going anywhere anytime soon. That is until the population starts to be able to sustain itself on a local, national, and global level. I mean think about it, the major issues of the world all boil down to the raw fact that there are simply too many people. I encourage you to visit Vermonters For a Sustainable Population for more information and resources on this issue - www.vspop.org.

I wish everyone a safe, healthy, and most of all happy Independence Day. May we all someday be independent from depending on escapism - or at least see a a glimmer of this in our lifetime. My quote of my life, business, and love is "it's never too late to be what you might have been." Today someone actually said to me "it IS too late to be what you might have been." I guess I would rather live my life of escapism from the horrors of the world in beautiful, green Vermont where I can make a small impact of people sharing positive vibes then dampen spirits that are already soaked underneath.

For the record, I wholeheartedly support and endorse Barack Obama. I understand the traditional political issues with this choice, but I also know that tradition is a major part of the problem in this country's political mess.

Love and Light.

1 comment:

tay said...

dude, thanks for the freedom farmhouse party! we saw a possum and a deer on the way back to spear street!