Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kitty Vibes are the Best!

I have officially determined the best Christmas present you can get or give this year is a new kitten or a mature cat. The Mitch and I got one last weekend from the Rutland County Humane Society who did an exceptional job with their PR and letting folks know they were over inundated with cats and kittens. As a supporter of all things PR (um, probably because I run a Vermont public relations firm), I hopped on this bandwagon and The Mitch and I vibed down to Pittsford, Vermont to pick up Bonham, the newest addition to the MitchaRachia farmhouse family.

Bonham (named after late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham - and The Mitch's favorite musical idol) is a 12 week year old tiger striped kitten (now thirteen). We got a kitten because we already have Fee (age 8) and Tela (age 7) and a mature cat would tear the farmhouse to shreds with these big beasts in a non-vibalicious way. So a kitten was the only way to go. I have been against getting another cat for years as I do not want to add on any more crazy cat lady qualities, but The Mitch insisted he have a cat he can raise instead of just his two lumpfish stepcats. When The Mitch puts his foot down about something, even me on an overload of Bossios for breakfast cannot argue.

So, down we went to Pittsford, home of the Vermont Maple Museum. While vibing our way down, we stopped at Hannaford's in Middlebury to get some more cat supplies and cat food to donate where in my exuberance to further escalate my crazy cat lady status, left my wallet in the bathroom, only to arrive at the Rutland County Humane Society without it and to great dramatic effect called Hannaford's, learned to my most delighted and belief-in-the-good-of-people spirits that my wallet was indeed turned in, even with the $50 cash inside. Woohoo! Anyway, Bonham sang out to us the minute we walked in the door and it took less than ten minutes to cuddle him up and bring him home, along with a very well put together packet of cat information - sure to further my escalation of a cat know-it-all - watch out Green Mountain Animal Hospital - my fantastic vets who have so awesomely taken care of the fee extensive Fee (even though he was named after a Phish song).

So, here we are a week later...Bonham and Fee have become close to friends and Tela - well that brat of a princess is having some issues, including a new sound she has created that is part growl, part groan, part meow, and part purr. She even does it in her sleep (she too is named after a Phish song). Here are some pics to share...











PS - Please, if you do not have a cat, and would like one, rescue one from the Rutland County Humane Society - they are so nice there, the drive is very Vermont Vibes worthy, and those mature cats will give you fantastic vibes!!!!

No comments: