Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 2009!

Cheers to the New Year and more Vermont Vibers than ever before! Thanks for the break I needed from blogging and just about anything else involving the computer. The holidays provided some much needed time off of the technical and PR world and I was able to spend time with lots of family and enjoy the other rooms at the farmhouse and leave the office to my parents (it doubles as a guest bedroom when Rachel Carter PR is closed).

Now heading into its third year, Vermont Vibes has so taken off! I get emails all the time of folks taking the concept and integrating it into their own life - some even from other states! Yay!

Earlier in 2008, Vermont Vibes was featured as top outdoor blog by Mild To Wild - a whitewater rafting and jeep tour company out West - thanks!

I also write a Vermont Vibes article in the Healthy Hippie Magazine which has been a great way to pick up Vibers - woohoo!

And, most recently, I was featured on a New England Cable News clip. While it wasn't about Vermont Vibes, it was about something which greatly helped create some of the Vibe concept and it shows the Music Room at the farmhouse and my famous, award-winning cat Fee! Check it out:



And, while I have had no luck yet, I continue to try to get the Pontiac Vibe magazine to write about Vermont Vibes since they feature people who have great Vibe stories. I really can't figure out why they don't think my writing a blog about creating positive vibes in my Pontiac Vibe isn't a great story (as well as free publicity for them). And with the automobile industry market - um, are they stupid or something? Well, as one of my heroes, Forrest Gump would say, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Anyway, I am off on a Vermont Vibes adventure right now with The Mitch and TaraDan (the publishers of the Healthy Hippie Magazine - Taraleigh is also featured in above said video!). We will be snowshoeing, but who knows what else is in store when you get MitchaRachia and TaraDan together - many-a-things can happen!

No comments: